Some Struggles of Being a Northerner in the South
- I won’t refer to you as ma’am or sir because I have never had to do that, because of this you will automatically judge me as being rude.
- Sometimes I can’t understand what you are saying.
- I’m not used to the humidity.
- Everything moves too slowly.
- I don’t understand why you speak to me every time you walk by me. I do not feel comfortable doing this.
- You don’t appreciate my love for hockey.
- If I don’t like you I’m not going to pretend that I do. And “bless her heart” is not in the list of phrases that I will use to talk about you.
- I do not see “Ma’am?” And “Sir?” as a way to ask someone to clarify themselves.
- I never knew women dropped their middle name and replaced it with their maiden name after marriage. Why!?
being romantically frustrated is 1000000 worse than being sexually frustrated because you can get yourself off but you can’t spoon with yourself and kiss your own forehead
"Don’t confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are."
"My problem is that I fall in love with words, rather than actions. I fall in love with ideas and thoughts, instead of reality. And it will be the death of me."
And he will be able to hear her dog whistle from his bedroom. And I can see a flashlight cutting up the trees behind my house. And I will read the flashing like a morse code explanation that will mean nothing but take all night to figure out.
Publicity done right in an anti-rape campaign: double-page spread, pages glued to one another. After the reader forcefully separates them, the image above is revealed with the caption “if you have to use force, it’s rape”.
THIS IS BRILLIANT